Nick the Whiteknight - Exposed Parts 1 and 2

Big Bo

Abuse.png

Jedi Academy name during the incident: Big Bo

Previous names on the (JAWA) server: Big Bo

What was the date?: July 1st, 2014

Which admin(s) were involved?: Nick

Please explain in your own words what happened:

I was lamed by Rebeka 69 and the other guy right in front of Nick's eyes and he didn't do anything about Rebeka! He slept the dude, but not the girl! Its painfully obvious he is trying to get Rebeka's phone #. He also said multiple times he 'didn't see it' and he only acts on lamers that he sees, but you can see he is obviously looking RIGHT at her during and after the incident.

If you can't see it clearly slow down the demo with "timescale -1" and try using "cg_thirdpersoncameradamp 0" if you must, or some other way.

How would you suggest we avoid an incident like this in the future?:

Enforce your rules. Ban corrupt admins. Remove admin completely.

Other comments:

This is corruption at its finest, ladies and gents. When you give administrative powers to abusive people like Nick it will lead to chaos. The fact I have to register on this website to post this is simply outrageous. If you begin handing out admin like this it just leads no good, and not everyone can be bothered to register on this website just so you can get more users! I can only imagine the many other numerous times corruption like this has won and players were simply not bothered to post here. I'm sure they just simply left. I may suggest that if you, as a clan, who is supposedly 9 years into this game, and you cannot handle your administrators then you should simply remove administration altogether. Consider adopting a true way to play the game and remove the honour rules that can easily be abused and favored for those who are friends with the admins. Sucking up to administrators is a great way to get ahead of other players I find, because then you won't get punished, or not as hard.

I also asked Nick ingame many times "What happens if you are wrong?" because I told him I had the demo, which he refused to believe I did. It's almost as if he didn't fear any possible consequences for his blatant administrative favoring towards the online female gamer. Perhaps they are friends in real life and he feels the need to let rules slip for others? Or maybe he's trying to get some online e-love. Either way, if no action is taken against Nick and his admin isn't taken away, you are simply nullifying your server rules and are showing an example to other servers that they can have their way with players for their own pleasure. It is amazing for a 9 year old clan to not have admin recruiting down to a formula, and let these kinds of people slip through. How many admins do you really need?

Evidence:

http://www.mediafire...htExposed.dm_26

Right, well, there's quite a lot to respond to here. So I'll try to do it as carefully as I can. I've read over your report several times and spoken to Nick, and I think I have as much as I can go on. I can't actually view your demo, but for purposes of this reply, I'll assume that the video shows exactly what you say it does. That should save some trouble.

You're making quite a large number of arguments, which I'll try to summarize:

1. Nick is an abusive admin because he only slept one of two players who were laming you.

2. Nick is corrupt because he showed favouritism toward the female lamer.

3. Nick should lose his admin authority because of #1 & 2.

4. Nick should be banned because of #1, 2, & 3.

5. You shouldn't have to register an account in order to post on this web site.

6. Because people have to register in order to report admin abuse, most admin abuse goes unreported.

7. Players who "suck up" to the admins don't get punished, or are treated more leniently.

8. Because of #6 & 7, our entire admin system is corrupt.

9. Because of #8, we should simply do away with all admins.

10. Also because of #8 there shouldn't be any rules about laming or similar activities.

11. If Nick isn't punished and his admin removed, our rules are meaningless.

So, let's try and deal with these one at a time:

1. Even assuming the demo shows Nick facing people who were laming you, it doesn't prove that he saw both of them laming. If he turned away from his computer, if he blinked, or if he was paying attention to something somebody said or something else on the screen (such as the person he actually slept), then he may not have seen the female player laming you, or been sure enough of what he saw to sleep her. The direction that his avatar on the server was facing doesn't tell us what he actually saw. Our policy is clear that admins are not to sleep players unless they or another admin directly witness the laming, and are certain of what they saw.

2. You haven't presented any evidence to support your theory that Nick showed favouritism to the female player, that he was trying to get her phone number (although you say it was "obvious"; not sure how this can be obvious without them saying something to this effect), that it was somehow "blatant", that he was trying to woo her by not sleeping her, or that he was "having his way" with anybody for his own pleasure. They're just bald accusations for which you haven't presented any evidence.

3. Nick denies showing any favouritism. He says he doesn't know the female player, but did warn her when he thought she was laming, which is the appropriate action if he wasn't certain of what happened. He later did catch her laming, and she was slept. Nick filed an admin report about her on July 2, at the same time as he reported Manwell, the male player who was laming you, and... you. Because you were also laming and trying to instigate laming despite repeated warnings. Unless you have some kind of evidence to support the accusation that he deliberately ignored laming by one player out of some desire for personal gain, there's no basis for punishing him or removing his admin authority.

4. Even if we did remove Nick's admin, we wouldn't ban him for being a bad admin any more than we banned the three people who were laming. But if there's no real evidence that he did anything wrong, then there's no reason for punishing him, much less banning him.

5. You'll find that gaming clans rarely allow anonymous people to post on their forums without registering user accounts. It costs nothing and it only takes a few minutes. But we're certainly not going to allow people to post anonymous accusations against members, demanding that they be punished and our entire admin system or rules be abolished. If you want to post on the forums, you have to have an account. It's a reasonable precaution, and one you can't avoid anywhere when your goal is to bring about big changes or harsh punishments. Why would we respond to accusations if we had no way of being sure who was making them? Anyone could claim to be you (or anyone else) if there were no registration requirement.

6. This accusation assumes that admin abuse is common. It's true that people who have complaints might not go to the trouble of making an account. But they could just as easily go to another admin, or a council member, and talk about the situation. They're not hard to find. We make it very easy to report issues like admin abuse, and if people choose not to report them, we can't be expected to act on those incidents. But there's no evidence that admin abuse is common on our server. We actually keep a very close eye on our admins; we know which ones tend to over-react or behave questionably, because people do report incidents. But for the same reason, we know that admin abuse is quite rare on our servers; our admins happen to be very well-behaved.

7. You've presented no evidence that admins treat players who "suck up" to them more leniently. Of course, it's hard to know what you mean by that phrase. If you mean that players who coöperate with the admins and obey the rules (which you clearly disagree with) are less likely to be warned or punished, you're right. And that's the way it's supposed to be. But there's no evidence that being nice to the admins makes them overlook your actions when you break the rules. It may make an admin doubt his or her own eyes, or attempt to reason with a player verbally instead of beginning with amsleep. But that's perfectly appropriate if an admin thinks that the player will respond to a verbal warning.

8. Because you haven't presented any evidence that admin abuse or favouritism are common problems on our server, you haven't shown that our admin system is corrupt.

9. Even if there were corruption in our admin system, doing away with admins wouldn't fix the problem and wouldn't be a viable solution. But without any evidence of corruption, this isn't an issue that needs to be addressed.

10. If we were going to abolish admins, then indeed it would be difficult or impossible to enforce server rules. But that's not happening, and we like the rules we have for our server. There's no chance of turning our server into a no-rules server. If you don't want to follow the rules, or any rules, there are servers you can join where you can do whatever you want. Ours isn't one of them.

11. There's no basis for punishing Nick based on what you've said. The most we know is that it's possible for him to have seen the female player laming. But we don't have any proof that he did see or recognize it as laming at the time. All we have is your assumption that he must have seen it because his avatar was facing in that direction when it happened. We can't take away someone's admin or ban him from the server merely because of an unprovable suspicion. The fact that we don't punish people without clear evidence is itself a reason to support and obey our rules, not to ignore them. But your behaviour before and after this incident shows that you don't like and don't want to obey the rules, and your argument is that they and our admins should be abolished.

Really, all I see here is a long string of unsupported accusations and a chain of reasoning in which none of the points logically follow from the one before. The culmination of this process isn't really about Nick at all. He's just a convenient excuse to argue that server rules are illegitimate and that there shouldn't be any admins to enforce them. Which would be very convenient indeed for someone who himself was slept for laming and silenced for rude language.

I hope you understand that I've taken your accusation very seriously, and considered your arguments. I've tried to take the time to respond to these arguments and explain our position. But there isn't enough to go on here, and under the circumstances I don't see how you could be surprised by that. You can't build an argument about the entire concept of having rules and admins based solely on the fact that you think an admin should have slept someone and didn't. You're taking a situation that could have a perfectly innocent explanation, and turning it into an excuse to do away with all rules. And there's simply no way to get from one to the other.

Thank you for taking the time to file this report. But at this point, there's no basis for taking action against Nick, much less dismantling our admin system or abolishing our rules.

Helena Revan

The (JAWA) Council

Well, you sure are defending this guy obviously. Because you "can't actually view" my demo, you are disregarding what actually happened. It's solid evidence and everyone that can see the demo will see what actually happened. You also have no evidence against me other than server logs and "Nick's word". In the demo you will see that I was lamed simultaneously by both Manwell and Rebeka, so your point on Nick being AFK/not seeing the screen or whatever is moot (Point 1). The demo is so short actually so feel free to rewind it, and watch it over and over again.

Regarding point 2, Nick does show favouritism towards the female gamer. In the demo you see this. He sleeps the male, looks right at Rebeka, and I ask 'You going to do anything Nick?' and he responds "Shh". Also if I remember correctly every time I /amsay Rebeka is laming Nick failed to act quickly on it, but somehow always responded to Rebekah. She was actually the one trying to instigate me into laming through incessant PM's with hilarious messages.. something along the lines "haha you moron" or whatever. I forget. Read the server logs if that lets you read PMs, since you seem so dedicated to using them against me.

Yes, Nick did "catch" and sleep her finally, but then she left right after, laughing. I can't deny what is true, but that doesn't disregard the favouritism from earlier. And who knows, Rebeka could have told him she was leaving anyways. IF they know each other IRL.

/OFC he is using /amGhost to hide himself so he can't be seen though, which allows him to pick and choose who he "sees" ;)/

Its entirely beyond the point here though. In order to catch this corrupt administrator sometimes sacrifices have to be made. Either way HE IS at fault here and failed to fulfill his responsibility, so there is basis for punishing him and removing his admin. You don't know how many times he has done this and gotten away with it, to be honest. Like Spiderman once said...

Regarding point 5 mostly. Yes, a lot of gaming clans don't allow anonymous posting. The only reason I complained is that because of this registration obstacle you need to wait for an administrator to approve for your account which can take up to a day or more. In essence, many people who wish to complain could forget about the whole incident because it takes so long and for many I think the registration process really puts anyone off. You can still bring "big changes or harsh punishments" anonymously through logic though. "Why would we respond to accusations if we had no way of being sure who was making them?" You wouldn't. You take the evidence, form logical thoughts, and go with that. And I never said you should change your whole clan and rules based on one person, but really if you think about it, maybe you should. You're the oldest "honor clan" on here and you could set the example for other clans. I mean, Nick is just one, just ONE incident of admin abuse. And you only know about it because I, MYSELF, posted here. I wouldn't expect you to know though, since you've most likely have always had admin powers throughout your time on JKA. If everyone cared enough, and didn't leave the server immediately, and without your registration-wall, I'm willing to bet there would be much more complaints. ofc you are only one of the few populated servers left so people don't have anywhere to go. But really, this is besides the point. This topic is about Nick and his selective administrative choosing powers (which IS abuse and not fair).

6) It is common. Or was in JKA. JA+ encourages it actually. Previous and current commands /amslay etc. Nick was the only admin on at the time. I also asked for his Xfire to add him and show him the demo, which he refused and continued to "believe" himself. All of this posting could have been avoided that way. I reported ingame multiple times, but ofc since he is corrupt and the only one there I couldn't do anything. Besides, it is better and more official this way through posting rather than waiting and talking to some other admin (who could be favoring him; like you are now) and having all my messages for the most part be disregarded (not implying you are disregarding them now). Let this abuser be known, and those who accept it as well.

7) Who would have evidence on that? It is kind of common sense for the most part. Talking about all servers in general, those who know the person (or are in there clan) will get away with breaking rules more than those who are new or don't know the admin. Sure, I could perform an experiment and go on about servers, joining clans, and recording all of this, but that would take a lot of time and effort to go through those trollish efforts just to expose a concept that is generally true within the realms of JKA. Yeah I know I'm comparing all of JKA as a whole, and not just JAWA, but still it is besides the main point, which is why I listed it in Other Comments.

8) I did show it is corrupt. Nick is corrupt. He is an admin, therefore your admin system is corrupt. Yes, its only one person, but that one person is corrupt. He might seem like a nice and friendly admin when he chooses to be, but he has the power to go rogue whenever another JAWA member isn't online, which is where your admin matters the most right? To be able to trust them to do the right thing, even when nobody else is watching. It would be interesting to see how many others within your system, and within the age group of Nick, would do the same thing if a blind eye were turned to them. Perhaps consider putting a label in your JAWA Wiki for 'admin abuser' to fend off those who would consider using their admin power unwisely.

9) You keep talking about evidence, which I obviously have. Its a pick and choose form of abuse. The rules aren't enforced fairly, so it is abuse. Doing away with admins (for a really old game) would do away with the problem of laming and enforcing arbitrary rules (which many new and old players have to abide to either way) that can be exploited and do away with corrupt admins. As well as helping you to actually play the game for what it is, it would set an example for other servers as well (with you being the oldest I assume)

10) And that's fine you like your rules (since you are set and stone), but enforce them fairly and you can't do that when you have admins such as Nick. Being the most popular and really the only populated server (for the most part) you need to take responsibility or do away with power otherwise new players will just leave and you will be effectively killing the last of the community. (How many times have you slept a newcomer and had them disconnect. Seriously, count.)

11) You do have proof. Watch the demo. Change demo watching settings if you need to and REALLY can't see. You can take his admin. He has been shown to have corruption and now is your time to act on it. My behavior has nothing to do with this incident to be honest. So you can stop with that, because you really have no proof of your own and while you have corrupt administrators, how can rules really be followed legitimately and seriously?

So, really all you are doing is nitpicking that 1) I don't have any evidence, even though all the evidence I need is in the demo and that 2) Somehow "me laming" disregards Nick's actions.

The culmination of this process is about a person who wears YOUR tags, and uses your clan's administrative powers, and how it can represent your clan as a whole if you decide to take no action. You are no better than Nick if you do nothing. Think about it.

There isn't really much more to be said, because the facts are here for Nick. There is basis in acting on Nick if you've seen the demo. I provided the evidence, which is the entire meat behind this "Report Admin Abuse" complaint, and if you choose to disregard that then that DOES prove that your admin system is indeed, corrupt. You, and all the others letting him slide on this without no punishment.

Now I ask, for anyone who wishes to reply without the basis of watching the demo, and without attacking me personally of my own person ingame actions, to focus on the problem at hand. Doing anything else is quite ignorant (and biased) and just an attempt to make my argument look bad.

My own actions does not make Nick's actions moot. Really, this is just another reason why people don't bother to report abusive admins, because it leads to drawn out and biased discussions. (even with solid evidence)

I look forward to your response and potential actions. Wait, what am I talking about. The evidence is there. No argument is even really needed. Just action.

i would just like to chime in here, if im not allowed feel free to remover this post. i have been able to watch the demo, to do this helena you have to make a "demos" folder in your base file. place his demo in that folder. open jkamp then click play then play demo. like i said i watched it and from what i could see it looked like the view nick would have had would be blocking the female lamer. thus leaving him to only view the male lamer, which he promptly slept and talked to. i can not tell what else happened because shortly afterwards the demo ends abruptly.

so in my opinion:

1. nick could only view the male lamer

2. he responded to what he could see quickly

3 the female lamer was later slept as well

4. there is no evidence in the demo of nick talking to the female which nullifies

Its painfully obvious he is trying to get Rebeka's phone #. He also said multiple times he 'didn't see it' and he only acts on lamers that he sees, but you can see he is obviously looking RIGHT at her during and after the incident.

Sucking up to administrators is a great way to get ahead of other players I find, because then you won't get punished, or not as hard.

i just thought i would share this seeing as i have in fact discovered how to watch the demo

I'll just clarify something, if I may.

When I said I would assume the demo showed what you said it did, I meant that I was assuming that it showed every fact we could know without having the exact words of the players as evidence. But no matter how favourably we consider it, all it can possibly show is that you were lamed, and that Nick was facing you. It can't tell us what Nick actually saw. Only Nick can tell us that. If he says that he only saw one of them laming you, and never said or did anything to contradict that, then no video can demonstrate otherwise.

You may believe that he saw it, but in the absence of any other evidence all we have is your belief. There's no proof that he acted wrongly, there's no evidence to suggest that he did so for personal gain or out of some misguided favouritism; your argument fails to demonstrate that either Nick or any other admin is corrupt; or that if any of them were corrupt, that that shows that the rules or admins are futile and should be dispensed with.

I do feel I should ask, though. Why were you recording these events before the alleged act of abuse? Why would someone who doesn't feel that there should be any rules or admins, and who doesn't feel like obeying the rules or respecting the admins, be so concerned with making sure that the rules are enforced? What clairvoyance led you to be recording at the very moment an admin allegedly showed bias in dealing with a pair of lamers as they lamed you?

Helena

I have a clientside mod that auto-records demos, luckily. I record most of my JKA gameplay. Its a shame you don't know about these things after 9 years?

Nick had to see her laming me if he saw the other guy. Don't try to defend this. Its impossible to defend that. You can't just "take his word for it" based off "what he saw".

I don't feel they should be enforced. I like actual gameplay. I just want to expose this corruption and how arbitrary your rules are and why Nick should be punished for this.

He acted wrongly and you can't disprove that lol. You still haven't watched the demo, so I don't know why you would be responding since you have literally no idea what is actually going on.

If these screenshots don't convince you then I don't know what will.

PQhrdWu.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/DBMPY#0

The "sorry" was for after he lamed me accidentally. Here, you can obviously see me being lamed (in the single screenshot; I decided to include it just incase you "couldn't open the gallery link". ;)

In the gallery it shows me being lamed by both of them, and then later Nick looking at her, knowing she lamed, but he fell in love. I could draw little heart in between them.

So please, let us not sidestep the convo anymore :) Nick is guilty. Where is the action?

I Just finished watching the demo too and honestly it happened so fast that its perfectly valid to assume that Nick, reacting quickly to what seemed to be a heated environment slept the first person he saw lame (which very well could have been the guy, not the twi'lek).

The fact that you're going to such great lengths just to point out the minor mistake of an admin who's relatively new is more borderline trolling than a relevant "report"

I'm truly sorry if anyone or anything related to (JAWA) has wronged you in such a way that you felt the seemingly desperate, heated, and urgent need to try and make a point about some ''corrupt'' hierarchy in a clan(in an eleven year old game I might add) but if there's anything we can do (other than banning Nick) to make you find enjoyment in your experience on this game maybe start by getting to know us as a community rather than some corrupt dictatorship.

I also realize that perhaps boredom is a large motivator for your clearly extensive amounts of time invested in "fighting the system" and "justice." Though I sympathize with that, I guarantee you that seeking out verbal conflict and lawful "action" on a forum predominantly used for friendly social interaction is not the way to find entertainment.

I sincerely wish you the best.

Jazzy'

I Just finished watching the demo too and honestly it happened so fast that its perfectly valid to assume that Nick, reacting quickly to what seemed to be a heated environment slept the first person he saw lame (which very well could have been the chiss, not the twi'lek).

The fact that you're going to such great lengths just to point out the perhaps minor mistake of an admin who's relatively new is more borderline trolling than a relevant "report"

I'm truly sorry if anyone or anything related to (JAWA) has wronged you in such a way that you felt the seemingly desperate, heated, and urgent need to try and make a point about some ''corrupt'' hierarchy in a clan(in an eleven year old game I might add) but if there's anything we can do (other than banning Nick) to make you find enjoyment in your experience on this game maybe start by getting to know us as a community rather than some corrupt dictatorship.

I also realize that perhaps boredom is a large motivator for your clearly extensive amounts of time invested in "fighting the system" and "justice." Though I sympathize with that, I guarantee you that seeking out verbal conflict and lawful "action" on a forum predominantly used for friendly social interaction is not the way to find entertainment.

I sincerely wish you the best,

Jazzy'

Oh look. Now I am "trolling". It happened too fast? Lol, please. Admins are quicker than anything when it comes to laming that they'll pull the trigger to sleep someone. Seriously quit trying to defend this. You are just making this section of your forums pointless.

"desperate, heated, and urgent" lol. Yet you guys are so urgent to defend this guy without watching the evidence (Helena) and if you do you see its obvious whos at fault here. I find that funny really.

"but if there's anything we can do (other than banning Nick) to make you find enjoyment in your experience on this game maybe start by getting to know us as a community rather than some corrupt dictatorship." Neat. Corrupt dictatorship. When did I ever say that lol? You can always remove admin and rules from your server if you don't want to punish Nick. Something should be done, obviously.

What is wrong with you? I come on here to report something to YOUR section of the forums about abuse and now I am at fault? I am wrong? I provided evidence? I provided my word? You are supposed to be a friendly clan or something yet here you are criticizing ME? LOL. Try taking responsibility for your members.

I am doing the community a favor by reporting this and you are defending this corruption. You are just making yourself look bad to those who read this topic. You are all so quick to sleep lamers, punish others, ban others, but reject taking any action against the evidence I have presented to you. If that isn't "corruption" then I don't know what is. Reminder, this is the only time I have reported a JKA incident. Events like these have happened many times, to many people in JKA.

Obviously abusing admin is your form of entertainment it seems. Or for at least some of your members. I can see why you would be quick to defend it.

Oh look, and he is obviously hungry for even more administrative powers! It was so easy to find. Can you not see the clues? Or put the picture together? I know this doesn't mean much, but surely it must be some hint. Do you even know if Nick has had past clans? Or his administrative past if he has had one?

http://imgur.com/Apz9PR7

"Admins are quicker than anything when it comes to laming that they'll pull the trigger to sleep someone.

This is very true.

More true than probably many (JAWA)s reading this will like to admit. It's no joke that there has been many admins in the past and perhaps admins still on duty that are far too quick to act and that do find enjoyment in telling people how to behave/spend their time on the server but if you thought I was defending them, then perhaps you should read my previous post again.

My point isn't about defending Nick(which I agree probably could've handled the situation differently), nor is it about policies or rules. It's about you, my friend. For you to take the extensive amount of time to sit down, join a server, get lamed, record a demo, start a lengthy debate, and then try to instigate some "justice" related action with such passion you must truly, deeply, feel wronged by something beyond the boundaries of a lone server in an 11 year old game. I only type this reply here now past 3:00am because I truly care about you. This stems further than a simple incident regarding rules or admin abuse and that's what I'm on about.

At the end of the day, our purpose as a clan, thus the purpose of our rules, are to provide fun, acceptance, and a sense of community for those who choose to partake in it. An angry, justice-driven report that has very little to do with (JAWA) and more to do with vengeance in no way does our community a favor. As a mater of fact, taking a trivial incident that occurred over roughly 6 minutes and using it to demand an act of justice goes against any sort of virtue that could drive a genuine concern for the well being of this community.

The frustration that has driven you to actively try to punish Nick regardless of what he did (and to my knowledge you weren't even the one he slept) is rooted far deeper than a will to "do the community a favor." This would be another story if the male lamer was the one making this report. I have no further intentions of replying to this topic, and I cannot speak for any other councillors or Leaders who may choose to reply to this topic, but I'm more than willing to speak with you at a different time regarding your concerns.

Councils/Leaders feel free to unlock this should you choose to chime in.

Meh, can't really blame them there. Just goes to show whatever evidence I had they discredited and even further proved my point that they will just use their administrative powers, like locking topics to get the last say so they don't look bad.

Its such a shame really when they do that. Nobody else gets to post their view, or help support me. Just turns it into what Jazzy said about a "''corrupt'' hierarchy " is actually true. Let's just lock the topic!

Jazzy also tries to discredit the whole point of the topic, which was originally supposed to be about Nick, into something about me. Just trying to excuse Nick by putting me on the spotlight. I wasn't even the one to make such arguments. Helena is really the one who started the whole argument by responding without having watched the evidence and making an excessively long post in bold blue lettering as if to finish the discussion before it was even started, when in reality no discussion was really needed. The evidence was already there. I provided. Where is a clan's honor if they can not sustain a valid complaint against their clan? Really, I am disappointed. For a clan 9 years old, so quick to lock topics as they are so sleep others, but not to punish their own. I wonder how the outcome would have been if I was in their clan wearing their tags?

Might as well continue from the last post though from Jazzy. Its just the nerve of her (lol, another female. Kind of a coincidence maybe? Doubt it though.) post to try and shift the topic discussion to me, and about myself or private life is unsettling. I get no frustration from this. This is simply my way of showing through a prime example what hypocrisy lies within different admin-focused clans.

"At the end of the day, our purpose as a clan, thus the purpose of our rules, are to provide fun, acceptance, and a sense of community for those who choose to partake in it. An angry, justice-driven report that has very little to do with (JAWA) and more to do with vengeance in no way does our community a favor"

Wow. So what is a report for then? What is a report without justice? If there is no justice in the report I filed, then what is the point of posting? There is no reason to have this sub-forum then if you will just let every admin in your clan slide; even when there is solid evidence.

"As a mater of fact, taking a trivial incident that occurred over roughly 6 minutes and using it to demand an act of justice goes against any sort of virtue that could drive a genuine concern for the well being of this community."

The incident isn't trivial when its a lamer though, huh? Or when its your own clan, huh? Sure, its not a big help to the community, but it sure means a lot. It promotes fairness in removing corrupt admins like Nick and setting an example. You let him get away, others will get away with it too. Meh, why bother continuing. You will just let him off anyways; without punishment. He knew the risks taking up admin. He passed his trial, went through training. He has seen admins use admin day in day out, but its okay, because his clanmates will allow what he did. There is no winning here for anyone who cares about the game and its community's integrity. New players will just continue to be abused by people just like Nick all because he shriveled his way up your ranks. (a task any troll could do with time)

Nick himself didn't even get to reply to the situation. Which is interesting. Something bigger is going on behind the scenes :)

We review our members more so than anything else. Admins go through extensive training and reviews. We've removed admins for abuse in the past and will do so again if it is proven to be the case.

This is not a case of admin abuse. You are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill. I have reviewed the logs and all I see is Nick attempting to keep a server in order as best as he could. He explained to you that he hadn't seen her act and that he was going to pursue action if he did for certain see it. He followed protocols and acted on his own initiative.

Obviously abusing admin is your form of entertainment it seems. Or for at least some of your members. I can see why you would be quick to defend it.

Admin abuse is taken very seriously in (JAWA), If you think otherwise, then you clearly don't understand how we do things. We have a very large system in place to ensure all our admins are vetted repeatedly for service. If we didn't care about admin abuse, we wouldn't have a forum section, we wouldn't hold discussions or insist our admins behave in a specific way. Instead we would let them run riot and destroy anyone they please.

We've re-developed the admin system to pretty much put a stop to any form of admin abuse. A failure to act is not abuse. Nor is it a means for a campaign against someone to have them lose admin. What you could have done is simply send a message to me saying something like: 'Hey, Nick didn't catch every single rule breaker on the server, he only got me for breaking rules! I can't believe that he discriminated against me for being a male character in-game! Please can you talk to him about his attitude towards male players. Thank you - Bo.' , I would, would have looked into it and questioned everyone and reviewed the logs and come back with an answer about what happened and how we would avoid it in the future.

Instead, it looks like your sole intent here is to destroy Nick, his reputation and his future in the clan. Well Mission Failed. I seriously hope that you can find some other way to entertain yourself than coming into our server and breaking our rules, to then claim that they only slept you, not another lamer. Just because one person isn't immediately talked too about breaking a rule, does not give you a free pass. Get over it.

We will not be pursuing any formal removal or punishment against Nick.

Admin Abuse report closed. I hope you find a server which better suits your needs. It's clear that an admin trying to do his job against two people who have shown themselves to be disrespectful of our rules and our members is now something to penalize. You are struggling with the fact that your account has had to be made. I will kindly block that account for you if you wish (Pm me if that's the case), that way you don't have to have a record of your stay. Thank you for your report. If in future you wish to discuss this. Please contact a member of the Council, however I think everything that has needed to be said about this incident has been said already.

Thank you to those who provided input.

Some Logs for a taste of you and the other rulebreaker:

^0Big Bo': Double standards. That Rebeka pussy juice is good huh?

^0Big Bo' to ^3Wookiee: go spec and tell me where nick is ima lame when hes not looking and c if he sleeps me

Rebeka_69 to ^0Big Bo': now everyone know that youre real idiot ... because of your shitty talk :D

I would like to add to this since I was present at the time.

I was going to post here but it was locked so let me start a new thread on this on what really happened in the demo. The main point Big Bo was trying to point out is that Nick should have slept both of them Rebeka_69 and that other player and given warnings or kicked off.. As far as demo recording goes not everyone does do it and screenshots do not show everything but enough to get their names in game.

That is all I have to add at the moment.

--Wookiee

Thank you for this input. I will merge it with the other topic.

As for you Big Bo. ->

I'm not going to read any of the above. See my post in the other topic.

We're aware of what Nick could have done. But he acted in a way that apparently upset you. I'm sorry for that, but in the future please don't break our rules and he'll have no reason to admin you. There are many methods of dealing with rule breakers, one of the more common is to make people aware that someone doing it has been dealt with. More often than not, that will deter other rule breakers. Eventually Nick had to sleep the others. So not sure what your points are.

Case closed.

Archived