The Sith Game XXVII: Phase 13 (End)

Bandeth

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In light of recent events there is an opening to play on the Jedi Team. If you're interested in switching your current role to that, send me a PM.

*edit* the position has been filled.

The Sith Game XXVII: Phase 0

Next Phase Begins: Saturday, 8:00ish a.m. PST

You all come from different backgrounds, planets, and upbringings, but one thing ties you all together: the desire to start a new life. It has been six years since the 2nd Death Star was destroyed, and the New Republic is looking to reclaim old and forgotten territory. The deep core world of Tython, birthplace of the Jedi Order, is one such bastion. Deep core worlds take longer to travel to, which means you’ve all been in hyperspace for half a day at this point. Getting restless, some of you have begun mingling amongst yourselves.

A robotic voice garners all of your attention, as you all hear the phrase You have arrived at Tython. permeates the air. Eager to end your travels and settle down on your new world, you asses the planet as you begin descending through its atmosphere.

Your eyes are pleased to see that the area of Tython you’re settling down in is lush with life. A small lake to the south west, rolling hills to the south east, and mountains to the north immediately catch your attention. You also notice rows of crops to the east of your proposed settlement, and trees surrounding what looks to be a fenced off area with some pasture animals.

As you all exit the transport ship that piloted you to Tython, you are greeted by two figures. One is a barrel-chested man with long auburn hair. He offers a firm handshake to all of you and says “Greetings, my name is George Hoffman. I’m in charge of Fort Reclamation, the outpost you see before you. Good to see the New Republic didn’t forget about us.” He then gestures to a frail, elderly man and continues “This is Bernie, the healer and historian for this outpost. Should you have any questions about the surrounding area or the history of Tython, it’s his area of expertise. I’m here to guide you on successfully surviving this planet. First thing you’ll want to know is that we’ve been having some trouble with the locals. They’re called Flesh Raiders. They're local savages, carnivorous, and typically attack on sight. We typically have a lookout during the day for attacks, and I have been sharing the night shift with Bernie. Would be nice to have someone rotate shifts with me to let Bernie rest. He’s getting old after all.”

Bernie gives a half-hearted smirk, and replies “It appears George’s parents never taught him to respect his elders! Should any of you newcomers be more respectful than him, you might learn a thing or two from me. I have collected some interesting information from this world in case farming and pasturing becomes tedious.”

George and Bernie guide you all inside Fort Reclamation, showing everyone to their living quarters, as well as the watchtower. At a first glance, it appears this Fort is equipped with basic farm equipment, animal wrangling, datapads, and a few blaster pistols.

You all have the afternoon to discuss amongst each other.

Notes

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map!

image.png

For those of you who drew/grabbed images of your character, you're welcome to introduce yourself to the group. Please post all images & gifs in a spoiler going forward.

Hi, guys!  In case any of you didn't get to know me on the transport, I'm Helena, and I'm an archaeologist.  I'm hoping to study the remains of past civilizations on this planet.  I'm looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Think I'll see about equipping myself with some supplies, since I'll probably want to explore the area, and it sounds like it could be dangerous.  I might want to take a traveling companion or two, if there are any volunteers!  I'll also volunteer to share the night watch with George and Bernie for at least the first couple of nights.  I know I don't want *my* flesh raided!

Hello, all I know is my name is Seph. I appear to have lost my memories but not my instincts. I would like to carefully explore this area, and listen in on the conversations I happen to come by. 

(image of me)

Spoiler

sephintro.jpg

Greetings everyone, I am Aya Solari a botanist by trade. I would like to get a good look at the planets fauna, molds and fungi for help with my research into the healing properties of plants.

For now I will gather a some equipment  supplies etc and volunteer to go with Helena and explore a little bit.

Hello everybody. I'm Rose! I'm basically here to make this my home. I don't have one right now so I'm hoping to find peace here. It's nice to meet you all.

(For those who don't know what Billie Piper, who plays Rose Tyler looks like:)

Spoiler

wFAEsfa.jpg

Hello. They call me Eloress, and I'm here with my husband, Jacobie. We are looking forward to getting to know everyone, as we've came here to start anew. It's been a wild ride and we're finally ready to settle down and live out our lives in peace.

I will spend the day assisting as the lookout, as I trust my Jacobie can handle his own without me. Helena can relieve me later on before everyone goes into their quarters.

Hello there! My name is Stormie! I'm a former stromtrooper, who luckly had the chance to retire prior to the events from the Battle of Endor. However, after almost losing my life during the war, I'm still haunted by the horrors I've seen during my duty, so I'm really looking forward to finding peace on this planet. Because I want to embrace the beauty of the planet as soon as possible, I want to organize an expedition in the Mountains, so we can enjoy some sightseeing. However, this will take some time to organize, as we need to gather some people and supplies, so there is no rush for now. I'll put an announcement somewhere inside the fort, so everyone who wants to come has time to prepare. We'll probably leave in 2-3 days, once everyone has settled. For now, I'd also like to join Helena, so I can study the surroundings for the upcoming longer expedition.

"Greeting Everyone. My name is Ness Jahr. Can't wait to start fresh and help this area grow." Ness looks over to Bernie, the healer and historian, and gives a brief curtsy. "I hope to learn more about the history of Tython if it so pleases you."

Spoiler

Ness is a Devaronian. A sentient humanoid that has the hue of red, purple, and deep brown. At the forefront of the head there are two marking where horns should be, but has no horns. She is a soft looking woman. She is short in stature, but seems pretty nimble. Her silver and white streaks hair parts down the middle, but end in the back with a ponytail.  The hair also wraps on both sides of her pointy ears. The eyes look fierce with a yellow hue glowing. 

"I am ready to guard, gather, or explore where needed", Ness says to the group.

For those that didn't get the chance to talk to me I am Crow Vizsla, Mandolorian from the planet Concordia. I am on this journey to gather more experience to one day return and lead my people.

While it's good to have a watch set up, it will be beneficial to set up a patrol as well. I'll join Helena in exploring the area to find good spots to set up a patrol.

(Character Image)

Spoiler

tumblr_ot5llxTivm1up84mbo2_500.jpg

Hi I'm Natsumi!  I like porgs, because they're cute and NOT food. 

Fleshraiders? Oh no! I heard they are very dangerous. I would like to see what kind of stuff we have to defend ourselves with and hopefully get a weapon so I can be prepared in case they cause any trouble!

:porg: 

Here's my character's image:

Spoiler

image.png

My name is Rex. I've spent most of my life building equipment and tools. I will speak with George about what supplies are currently available, as well as equipment and tools. From there, I will begin building tools and equipment for better crop cultivation and protecting our animals. I would also like to speak with Bernie about the history of this planet.

Greetings everyone. I am the son of Nightwing! Call me Arlu3n or Nightwing Junior! It's a pleasure knowing each all of you.

I am on search for my mum, I heard she is also part of this group. My dad sadly couldn't commit his worthy time going here with me.

Hello, I am Blight, a son of Mandalore of the clan Wren. I am a bounty hunter looking to make good on a promise I made to someone a very long time ago. 

I’ll be happy to contribute as needed, happy to help provide security or assistance with missions of retrieval. The first thing I’d like to do is grab some supplies. A data pad and 2 trusty blasters go along way in establishing a safety net in a new place. 

Spoiler

3D1ADA9B-9665-4939-937C-0ECA2C5C025A.jpeg

Hello everyone, my name is the Doctor. I came here with Rose and we've been travelling around for some time, since we met each other on Naboo a few months back, and I'm looking forward to getting to know you folks as we make Tython great again.

I'm going to chat with George and Bernie for a while to help get my bearings of this planet and learn a little about its history. Tython has always fascinated me, I bet there are a lot of creatures I can learn about here from them too. Hopefully my face isn't too scary.

Spoiler

MlzkEmb.png

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Hello, I am Blight, a son of Mandalore of the clan Wren. I am a bounty hunter looking to make good on a promise I made to someone a very long time ago. 

I’ll be happy to contribute as needed, happy to help provide security or assistance with missions of retrieval. The first thing I’d like to do is grab some supplies. A data pad and 2 trusty blasters go along way in establishing a safety net in a new place. 

Reveal hidden contents

Always nice to see a fellow Mandolorian

From the Mandalore section

* you have all seen the tall stranger in the hooded robe, but none have braved a close look. Now you see him  emerge from the transport ship and several of you catch a glimpse of what must have once been a strong set of wings, but where once there was a pair now only one wing remains badly broken, the other not much more than a stump. Standing at an impressive 7'6" with a slim/muscular build. And a bright green skin color that would appear very unnatural to anyone who has spent any time among the S'kytri.*

I am Ninja. I will take watch with Bernie, if he doesnt mind me picking his brain. until then i will explore our new "home" looking for anything of interest.

Hello I am Jacobie, this lovely piece of arm candy is my wife, Eloress. We met in unfortunate circumstances and want to start life anew. I will go take a stroll around the Fort and check out our nearest surroundings. 

Hello everyone. Interesting circumstances to meet here, isn't it? I apologize for being a mute during out travels here; I have a lot on my mind. Skip is the name, and medicine is the game. I was a medic in CorSec; seen some crazy things in my day. If anyone is interested in playing a game of a sabacc, let me know. 

A warm welcome from myself to everyone here! If we didn't get to meet on the long journey over, my name is LoneStar, a human/mandolorian hybrid. I come from a rather primitive and small planet called Westeros, which formally makes me a Westerosee.

Our planet was peaceful and harmonious until several hundred years ago, when the Mandolorians invaded our world to take advantage of our abundant natural resources. Their presence on our planet has waned in recent decades however. Where initially they brought death and destruction, they have left behind order, infrastructure and a more defensive military culture.

I've spent my entire life studying melee combat with my Mandolorian father. I even lost my right hand in a training exercise with him, which I've since had it replaced with this rather shiny golden mechanical hand! But he's sent me here to the birth place of the Jedi as a test of my combat ability, as he seemed well aware of the dangers that lurk in the wilderness of this planet.

I'd like to search the camp for something I could fashion a blade or sword out of from, blasters aren't really my style. Stormie, I'd be glad to accompany you to the mountains when you are ready. There might be opportunities to test my skills on such an expedition.

Folks, I have the phase written up but I have to delay the post until later this afternoon. Took longer than expected and I have to go to my sister's graduation.

Those of you who haven't made a move yet, feel free to do so.

The Sith Game XXVII: Phase 1

Next Phase Begins: Sunday: 9:00ish AM PST

Day 0 Continued:

Despite the long journey, the new arrivals were all very interested to waste no time getting to know the two members of Fort Reclamation, as well as gather supplies and and keep a lookout for Flesh Raiders. Helena, Clear Insanity, The Doctor, Ninja, and a few others were intrigued to find out more about Tython, and decided to ask Bernie and George a few questions.

George: "If you want to survive Tython, you have to know Tython. I know the planet paints a pretty picture, but the presence of the Flesh Raiders makes this territory hostile. They typically come down from the mountains. There isn't much of an opportunity for them to hunt up there, so they come down here poaching the local herbivores. When they first discovered that we were building our camp, they ambushed us just an hour before dusk. Intelligent beasts... they waited until we were exhausted from working all day to catch us off balance. We lost a few good men. I have half a mind to hand you all a blaster and just head north and exterminate the lot of them. However, Reclamation is too defensible of a position to run off and attempt at heroics."

Bernie: "Hmm? Ah yes, history of Tython! Tython is the seed of Jedi philosophy. It is what force wielders call a "Force Nexus". Some of you may have felt a slight vibration in moments of contemplation or solitude. That ain't the gravity, heh heh." Bernie coughs a few times and regains his composure." "What's interesting is that during my time here, I discovered a few old datapads that have led me to believe that a few Jedi survived the Purge and made Tython there home. They were brothers, called Tarsus and Quint. The datapad I recovered was damaged, but from what I could tell they had a falling out. From the notes, it appeared one of them was consumed by their grief at the loss of their Order, and was displaying dark tendencies. Of course, this was about 19 years ago, so who knows if they are even still around. Anyway, it's been a long day. If you wish to indulge me tomorrow I can offer more, but a man needs his rest!"

Robin assisted with keeping lookout for the remainder of the day, but it appeared that no Flesh Raiders came today. Some of the newcomers checked for supplies, and a few others strolled around the Fort and observed the recently built dwellings. However, there wasn’t enough time to explore much outside of the Fort, as it was already late afternoon by the time everyone arrived on the planet.

Night 1:

An ebony shadow glided across the surface of Tython. Eager to carry out their mission, they searched for the proper dwelling to locate their intended target. Careful to avoid the eyes of the watchtower, this unseen humanoid silently opened a door, and creeped their way into the home. A flash of anger ran across their face as they realized they were in the wrong home.

Their palm extended, and the inhabitant of this house woke up with a gasp of breath... their last.

Day 1:

The majority of the members of Fort Reclamation slept quite well, having been exhausted from the hyperspace travel. However, those who were sleeping in were definitely woken up by shouting from TheDoctor.

"Someone broke into Rose's house... She's gone... She's DEAD. WHO DID THIS?"

Notes:

-PMs will be sent out shortly.

-Remember to post images/gifs in a spoiler.

- I will be adding everyone's character name (if they are different than your forum name) to the player list.

-Apologies for the delay!

Oh, Rose!  We just met... it could have been me!

It sounds like foul play.  I'd like to take a look around, examine the body and the scene of the crime, in case the intruder left any clues.

Once the investigation is done, I propose taking three volunteers to explore the area to the south.  I'd rather not head north toward the mountains yet, since that's where the flesh raiders seem to come from.  I don't want a big party.  Aya, Stormie, and Shinigami asked to come with me, so maybe they'll join?  If others want to explore, maybe there's another area... but be careful if you head northward!

Archived