SotW #525 Winner?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. SotW #525 Winner?

%28JAWA%29_Signature_of_the_Week.png

sporicle.jpg

Your Favourite Video Game

Closing date for votes: 21st September!

Voting Stage Rules:

• Do not vote for yourself. Votes for your own submission will not be counted, and you will be required to re-vote.
  • You can only vote for one Signature
  • Please vote fairly. People put time and effort into creating signatures for the SotW. Please vote for your own favorite one based on your artistic liking, not because the signature is by your friend
  • Anyone can vote as it is an open competition. We encourage everyone to participate, and everyone to vote.

Breaking any of these rules can, and will, lead to disqualification from the current weeks SotW

Entries:

Darman

dVZfQlx.png

Helena Revan

SotW 525 Helena.png

Artist's notes:

Spoiler

I took an original picture of a game screen, modified it by moving Blinky to a different spot so that I could place an original Pac-Man drawing over the lower-left corner, added the cherries from another image and colour-matched them to Blinky's red (more of a scarlet in this image), and scaled them to the correct size, then extended the upper edges to allow for space between the horizontal lines of the maze and a flat border in the same color.  I duplicated the maze and applied a gaussian blur of 2.5 to create a glow effect for the maze walls (but not the border), in a slightly lighter tone.  The Pac-Man icon wasn't that hard to render, but the logo took a surprising amount of work due to the artifacts and background.  It's split and scaled to fill in some negative space, with my signature filling in the corresponding negative space on the opposite side.  The font is Press Start-K, 18 point, matched to the colour of the dots in the maze.  I added a little blue ghost icon since its expression matches my usual mood when trying to figure out how to make a signature!  Thanks to IronSkull86 for helping me decide what to do for a border, and providing feedback!

Well, I do have to vote for Darman, but he made a really great background for a signature, and I like how he made the title graphic.  It's a well-composed work that all fits together nicely!

Helena

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...