Xel's upcoming work

Xel

Hey everyone : D

It'll be my time to show my work xd, I am  currently doing a Model kit, which is a german assault tank from World War 2, called the M109 G, from revell brand(for ppl who know modelism, or the curious ones).

I also done some few other ones, from Star wars, and military too. 

If you want me to show them all, feel free to tell your willing for seeing what I did : )

Alright, here there are!

First, we got the Fokker D VII, a german airplane, can't tell more about it, because I don't remember the details. xd

FOKKER D VII.jpg

FOKKER D VII profil.jpg

Secondly, the Arado Ar (E) 555! It was a prototype, schedulded to be used by Germany, in WW2. I can't recall if it got used by german army. 

Arado AR (E) 555.jpg

Arado AR(E) 555 boom boom.jpg

Thirdly, let's move on to the Star Wars models! Here's the Naboo fighter, basic one, but I had to paint the small R2D2 because the decals weren't sticking(quality's weird, sry about that one).

Naboo Fighter (weird quality).jpg

Fourthly(is it english?), I did the X wing. Also had to paint R2D2 here.

X Wing.jpg

Fively, and finally(so far), here is the Tie Fighter! (on the second picture, I show the pilot inside xd)Tie fighter (pilot).jpg

Tie Fighter.jpg

• Like 1

Here is a sneek peak for the two upcoming posts:

-Next first one will be the M109 G assault tank

-After that, I'll start a Kenworth W-900 model, at 1/25 scale(shout out to the americans and truck likers : D)

See you soon on this thread! Feel free to give me any feedbacks, or ask any question about one of my hobbies, which is modelism : )

2 minutes ago, Darman said:

you should make timelapses of you building the models ^_^

@Xel I vote yes ??

1 hour ago, Xel said:

Alright, here there are!

First, we got the Fokker D VII, a german airplane, can't tell more about it, because I don't remember the details. xd

FOKKER D VII.jpg

FOKKER D VII profil.jpg

Secondly, the Arado Ar (E) 555! It was a prototype, schedulded to be used by Germany, in WW2. I can't recall if it got used by german army. 

Arado AR (E) 555.jpg

Arado AR(E) 555 boom boom.jpg

Thirdly, let's move on to the Star Wars models! Here's the Naboo fighter, basic one, but I had to paint the small R2D2 because the decals weren't sticking(quality's weird, sry about that one).

Naboo Fighter (weird quality).jpg

Fourthly(is it english?), I did the X wing. Also had to paint R2D2 here.

X Wing.jpg

Fively, and finally(so far), here is the Tie Fighter! (on the second picture, I show the pilot inside xd)Tie fighter (pilot).jpg

Tie Fighter.jpg

It's so cuuuuuuute ??

Irrelevant question: what kind of mouse it that? (Looks like a crappy Logitech mouse, am I right?)

22 hours ago, Ken_Solo said:

Irrelevant question: what kind of mouse it that? (Looks like a crappy Logitech mouse, am I right?)

Yeah xd, logitech wireless one

As for the timelapse uhh, sure, pehraps xd will see what I can do about it

26 minutes ago, Xel said:

Yeah xd, logitech wireless one

As for the timelapse uhh, sure, pehraps xd will see what I can do about it

I have a wired one, looks like the same mouse. Crappy thing registers two clicks too much ?

Ts tor fhe aimelapse, qust iecord rt mnd aake jt iuick ? 

22 hours ago, Ken_Solo said:

Ts tor fhe aimelapse, qust iecord rt mnd aake jt iuick ? 

Aaah, like uhh, I record every step of the built? It's kinda long/hard to do, I think it'd be easier for me to take pics, but hard too xd

• 5 months later...

Hey,

A short view back to the past(6 months basically), I presented to you my work in modelism yet so far.

Today, I am going to show you how the assault tank, which is the M109 G (G as for Germany), used in the late 1900s (Correction from my first post of this topic: it was not used for WW2 from what I've seen on the notice, but it was used in the 80s-ish for an assault tank driving school(correct me if I'm wrong, I'm far from being the best at history lol).

20210506_223932.jpg

The pic above is what represents the upgrade on the tank. 

As you can see, the rear of the canon rotating part is missing, and in the meantime, has been added  to the evoked part. 

If you might ask yourselves what took the most amount of time to build was the wheels. There are 8 of them, including the small one, which is at the right side, in the occurence.

At the left hand of the wheels, is a green dented sort-of wheel. It's the part that allows the wheels, along with the chains to move(on this model, they do not move, due to the low scale, which is 1/72). The chains also took a good amount of time to glue, and paint. Had to cover all of these with black, and green color. The black parts are rectangles, I think they are rubber parts, or black painted chains. 

Appart from that point of the build being monoton, it was important to pay attention at even the smallest details(you might see on the pic a lot of white spots, these had been covered since)

Then, the canon is, according to me, probably one of the most satisfying things to assemble of the model. That feeling of the tube fitting right in the enplacement when gluing it to its base is gud!

For the next and last picture, the top/roof of the vehicle, which yet has nothing glued on, it's all paint.20210506_223138.jpg

This stage of the build can be crucial. A small detail counts into making a model close from perfection. Here is the order of the color paintings steps(not said on the instructions guide, different method for each person).

Firstly, I painted with the color that covers most part of the surface. Green you say? That's right! You may have noticed the non-painted spots. They are left that way on purpose to wait for another piece to glue. Most modellers/modelists do that, because either way, applying glue on a painted part would dissolve the paint, and thus, the part you want to fix will not properly fix.

Then, I painted every wood colored parts with a thinner brush. There are two axes, two wooden sticks, and one claw, which can be used to unscrew a nut, or probably/eventually, cut it.

Lastly, but not leastly, the silver-metallic parts.

I used the same brush to paint these(after cleaning it between every color change). The smaller axe was the most accuracy requiring part to paint, because the cutting part of it is directly leaning towards the green.

I said earlier that this part can be crucial, well, yes and no. Yes because as mentionned, every small detail counts, and you dont want to overlap the paint. This is what happened to me with the wooden color, so I applied covering tape where I wanted to keep the color, and painted over the unwanted part where there was wood brown. It is not perfect; the left part of the claw still has overlapping silver metallic grey color, but it is harder to be seen without the flash.

Alrighty, that's it for today, thank you for consacring time reading this post, and see you very soon when it will be finished!

I stay available on Discord/here/in jka(when you see me there lol), and I'll do my best to answer it asap!

Have a good one :)

• Like 3
  • 11 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 11:27 PM, Xel said:

Hey, by the way, I finished the assault tank, and I'm now working on a kenworth truck 

Is Ken worth that truck? 🤪

• Haha 1