The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 18 (End)

Helena Revan

[ooc]"Wary" is really an adjective—a word that describes a noun or pronoun, in this case, "Xel"—rather than a verb.  "Ware" can be a verb with a similar meaning, but it's a bit archaic, except in the form "beware".  Not sure this matters to you, but just in case it makes a difference... happy to help![/ooc]

Sorry for the late report on my findings, I went back to the lake temple, and like we thought there's a large pit inside, as well as an ornate box on a small alcove on the other side. I dropped a pebble in the pit it didn't even make a sound. It must be deep, a fall there would likely be fatal... Unfortunately, I never figured out a way across so I came back empty handed. Maybe someone else can find a way? 

As for the situation with Doctor, Niko and Cloud, its possible that one of the two parties was up to something nefarious, but it could also just be a misunderstanding. Anyway, we should probably keep an eye on all three for now, its too early to condemn anyone without clear evidence.

1 hour ago, redshadow said:

Sorry for the late report on my findings, I went back to the lake temple, and like we thought there's a large pit inside, as well as an ornate box on a small alcove on the other side. I dropped a pebble in the pit it didn't even make a sound. It must be deep, a fall there would likely be fatal... Unfortunately, I never figured out a way across so I came back empty handed. Maybe someone else can find a way? 

As for the situation with Doctor, Niko and Cloud, its possible that one of the two parties was up to something nefarious, but it could also just be a misunderstanding. Anyway, we should probably keep an eye on all three for now, its too early to condemn anyone without clear evidence.

How long is the pit? Maybe if we built a ladder we could lay it across the pit and walk across. 

I would like to go back to the lake if we can find some torches and a bag to keep the from getting wet, maybe we can toss some torches around to get a better understanding of the pit. We can also build a little camp on the island to explore that part and the outside of the temple to see if there are any clues about navigating the inside.

The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 4

Next Phase Begins: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. EST

Nikatina surprised everyone by revealing that he and Cloud9 had confronted the Doctor, abroad at night without what they felt was sufficient justification, and nosing around Cloud9's tent.  The Doctor maintained that he had just meant to offer a friendly drink to his vaporous friend, but things turned sour after the nebulous archaeologist implied that the flask might be poisoned... as they argued back and forth, the other archaeologists slowly backed away from them.

Eager to avoid taking sides, two groups decided to venture out from the encampment.  Wolfy led one group along the road to the west, hoping to make use of the communications tower.  Cloud9 went along, followed by Xel.  Meanwhile, Kulimar attempted to build a ladder from sticks, twine, and odds and ends that the archaeologists had brought with them.  It looked a bit rickety... but it was the best he could do with the materials at hand.  He and Shinigami headed in the direction of the lake.

Night 4:[hr]

Two pairs of eyes scanned the center of the encampment from the shadowy outskirts.

"Do you think he's there?" whispered a voice from the darkness.

"I don't know," came the reply.  "I haven't seen him all day!"

"Wait, look there!" said the first voice.  "Someone's coming!"

In the distance, a figure appeared, silhouetted against the rising mist, and stopped at a tent.  Lifting the flap, the figure went inside.

"There he is!" said the first voice.  "Let's make our move!"

"Wait," replied the second.  "That's not him!"

The figure emerged from the tent again, looking confused, or worried—and walked off into the night.

Day 4:[hr]

It wasn't that unusual for some of the archaeologists to break their fast later than others, but more than one noticed that the camp seemed quieter than usual the next morning.

Notes:[hr]

Some members of the expedition are away from camp.  If you went anywhere yesterday, please wait until I let you know whether you made it back to camp before posting.  If you didn't go anywhere, feel free to post at any time.

Alright mate! I'm still here too!

I'm up for an adventure... Just unsure where. The tower really has barely anything too it and I don't trust the volcano at the moment after the activity it's shown since we arrived here.

I might see if I can go exploring in the opposite direction of the lake, not sure anybody has really been there yet.
I'll gather some food just incase and head over there if it's possible.

Edit: I know I never spoke on the events that happened yesterday with Nik, Cloud and Doctor. I don't have much to say apart from that to me, it just appears like a friendly drink but I know little on it myself. I'll be wary of all of them for now but Doctor's explanation on the events were pretty clear to me and I'm not sure what else he could have said. I've known him for a bit and the Doctor I know wouldn't have meant any harm by going to visit Cloud.

[OOC] Just to mention from yesterday... I saw people saying that Doctor over explained things without explaining things and that's why he could be lying? That's actually just how Doctor types and talks. He'll go on tangents but that isn't his character, that's him irl lmao.

Edit: Also just looked back at the point about him not expressing feeling like you'd expect. That's also just Doctor, not a character lmao. [/OOC]

Alrighty Rose, I'd like to come with you, we can never know if there are dangerous inhabitants who are hungry. So I'd say, you take the food and I take some knife, ropes etc. so we could defend ourselves or use the ropes to stay safe on where we are going.

The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 5

Next Phase Begins: Sunday, 10:00 a.m. EST

Arceus, growing restless, suggested going off on an adventure.  Rose volunteered to join him, suggesting that they head north of the road, opposite the lake in the southern end part of the valley.  The going looked swampy, according to the map, and they were wary of hostiles, so they armed themselves with survival knives, and collected all of the other equipment they thought they'd need, and set out down the road, looking for a trail that led off into the swamp.

The camp was quiet for most of the day, but everyone was heartened to see Wolfy, Cloud9, and Xel return home from their journey.  They brought some disturbing news, however.  The communications tower had been destroyed in a landslide, and their only known egress from the valley was cut off!  Arceus and Rose returned from their own expedition, just in time to hear the other party tell the tale for a second time.

Night 5:[hr]

If anyone had been awake to see them, two figures silhouetted against the mist made their way to one of the archaeologist's tents, with a sack slung over the shoulder of one of them.

"Did you get enough?" whispered one.

"I think so," replied the other.  "If it's not, I don't know what would be!"

They entered the tent, and emerged a short time later, then vanished into the night.

Day 5:[hr]

When the archaeologists rose for breakfast, one of them was missing.  "Where's Arceus?" asked Rose.  "I was hoping we'd go out again today!"  They went to check his tent, and found a most curious sight.  Arceus' cot was covered by a pile of leaves, spilling out onto the floor.  Then they noticed an arm dangling from the leaves...  "Oh, no!" exclaimed Rose, "his allergies!"

Brushing the leaves away, the archaeologists found Arceus lying in his cot, still and silent.  Pinned to his chest was another mysterious insignia:

TSG XXIX Phase 5 Clue.png

A faint trail of leaves led away from Arceus' tent.

Everyone is now back at the camp, and can post again.

Holy... two in a row, then a third one! What worse could happen seriously..

I will bring the bad news from my side, I'll leave the rest to my colleagues who were with me.

When we went to the comm tower, se saw a pile of steel debris laying on the floor. However though, there are good news to come from Wolfy and my other colleagues, more details are to come from Cloud or Wolfy.

Coming back to Doctor's idea to Niko and his campmate, this was a good Idea... I'd suggest to have a lil' drink, but with moderation, of course, even though the mood is not here. Arceus' loss is so unfortunate.

I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. I will just follow anybody to his future quest, waiting for you guys to take a decision.

I'll although despite the chain of bad events, talk about that second insign. It might relate to yet another temple, we found on our path. But as I said, I will let wolfy and cloud talk about it.

Why did he have to leaf so soon :(  They needed to gather up leaves in order to kill someone?  This is strange...  I'd like to follow the trail of leaves leading from his tent and look for clues.  If the leaves themselves are some kind of poison ivy then perhaps whoever was handling them may have signs of a rash on their hands and arms, can we get people to hold them out?  I'll add more info about the comms tower shortly

Apologies for not posting in the last phase. I was investigating one of the buildings that has a wide pit that Shini and I are having trouble getting across.

Now that another of ours is dead, I'm going to turn my attention to that. Let's look for clues in Arceus' room and on his body, and see where this trail of leaves leads...

So on the way back from the comms tower, we found another temple with a door that seems to be locked with a strange mecanism. It was something also involving crystals, although it seemed as though we needed to insert crystals into sockets following a precise pattern to unlock the door. We tried several combinations, but were unsuccessful at opening the door.

As far as Arceus is concerned, it really is a tragedy... If none minds, I'll take the leaves that were used on him and compare them to the ones I gathered some days ago, see if they correspond to the part of the valley I visited. I'm also curious to where that trail of leaves outside his tent is leading.

If anyone wishes to solve the puzzle from the temple we found, I reckon it would be better if they were accompanied by Cloud, Xel or myself, because we know the way there and we'd be taking fewer risks.

As for the clue that was found on his body, I merged it with the one similar to the one we found a couple of days ago, and it looks like this:

HtUFDY3.png

This leads me to believe there's some kind of geometrical pattern going on, or at least that it forms some kind of incomplete drawing. I tried to complete it using the leaf shape at the upper right corner, and it goes something like this:

hgwNL73.png

Looks like some kind of flower or leaves? I don't know what to make of it, but I'm not quite sure what it could be otherwise.

• Like 1

Really interesting, Wolfy! I did not even notice that. It might possibly be the combination of that holed puzzle, we could try it. 

As for Bandeth and Cloud, I'd recommand to check on Arceus' body first and taking him back to our camp, and then we can see what the trail of leaves lead us to.

Tomorrow, I'll be with you Bandeth. Let's not surrender despite all the downs we've had, and keep our head down. 

Let's still be careful to that volcano though!

The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 6

Next Phase Begins: Monday, 10:00 a.m. EDT

The camp was preoccupied with Arceus' murder, and few of the archaeologists had time to discuss the destruction of the communications tower, or the discovery of another abandoned temple in the mountains.  Kulimar and Xel examined Arceus' body and tent, then joined Cloud9 and Wolfy as they followed the trail of leaves leading away from the crime scene.  Meanwhile, Rose dug a grave for Arceus, laying him to rest next to Vultax.

Night 6:[hr]

As night descended over the somber encampment, and the mist began to roll in once more, several of the archaeologists remained wakeful, wondering if their turn might be next.  What evil stalked their mission?  Would they all soon be victims of some terrible curse?  But with the long, dark silence of the small hours, sleep at last crept over them, and claimed them for its endless kingdom.

Day 6:[hr]

Dawn broke to find the skies unusually clear and bright.  But a brief tremor broke the calm of breakfast—all eyes turned toward the ashen mountain to the east, but it sat impassive, betraying no sign of activity.

A lot of players not really discussing anything about the game or the clues.  Activity is essential to survival—if players are afraid to take action, it makes it that much easier for the Sith to pick off the ones who are working hardest to defeat them!

Hello, very surprising to see Arceus' body without  any allergic mark, but in a wrong way.. a hypothese of me would possibly be that he could have got shocked with maybe some sort of plastic bag?[OOC](do they even exist in Star Wars? xD) [/OOC]

Darman asking us what we were doing seems suspicious, but sounds normal to me; everyone would do that in my opinion: "Hi there, what are you doing in my tent?" Would although maybe keep an eye on Darman if he is okay with that, but he might be somnanbulic, or even the indigenous civilization could've layed those leaves down, or a hostile person, in order to leave us wrong pists.

• Like 1

My appologies folks, was doing some setting up and what not, guess i didn't make time to introduce or even show myself yet, but with that outta the way, expect me to be around and about a bit more. did i miss anything important so far?

on that note, how are we on supplies so far? 

I did a little extra investigation after that. Whoever killed Arc, I think, did use the plants in some fashion, but gathered them very cautiously in order not to raise suspicion about any missing flora. I have proof to corroborate this: I found a little cloth bag with a couple of leaves in it, and it seems to belong to a certain "Darth Yunaggey". I don't know who it could be, but it's definitely somebody among us.

Since the volcano seems more or less calm, I'll go and investigate cautiously in order to find Cryso's body.