The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 4

Helena Revan

[ooc]"Wary" is really an adjective—a word that describes a noun or pronoun, in this case, "Xel"—rather than a verb.  "Ware" can be a verb with a similar meaning, but it's a bit archaic, except in the form "beware".  Not sure this matters to you, but just in case it makes a difference... happy to help![/ooc]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Helena Revan

• Bandeth

• Xel

• Arceus

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay fine if it's not too late I'm in but this better be good

...Fuck it, I'm in...

The Sith Game XXIX: Prologue First Phase Begins: Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. EST/3:00 p.m. (JAWA)   The archaeological survey team gathered the last of their equipment from the shuttle, and the

Posted Images

Sorry for the late report on my findings, I went back to the lake temple, and like we thought there's a large pit inside, as well as an ornate box on a small alcove on the other side. I dropped a pebble in the pit it didn't even make a sound. It must be deep, a fall there would likely be fatal... Unfortunately, I never figured out a way across so I came back empty handed. Maybe someone else can find a way? 

As for the situation with Doctor, Niko and Cloud, its possible that one of the two parties was up to something nefarious, but it could also just be a misunderstanding. Anyway, we should probably keep an eye on all three for now, its too early to condemn anyone without clear evidence.

1 hour ago, redshadow said:

Sorry for the late report on my findings, I went back to the lake temple, and like we thought there's a large pit inside, as well as an ornate box on a small alcove on the other side. I dropped a pebble in the pit it didn't even make a sound. It must be deep, a fall there would likely be fatal... Unfortunately, I never figured out a way across so I came back empty handed. Maybe someone else can find a way? 

As for the situation with Doctor, Niko and Cloud, its possible that one of the two parties was up to something nefarious, but it could also just be a misunderstanding. Anyway, we should probably keep an eye on all three for now, its too early to condemn anyone without clear evidence.

How long is the pit? Maybe if we built a ladder we could lay it across the pit and walk across. 

Shinigami_E

I would like to go back to the lake if we can find some torches and a bag to keep the from getting wet, maybe we can toss some torches around to get a better understanding of the pit. We can also build a little camp on the island to explore that part and the outside of the temple to see if there are any clues about navigating the inside.

Helena Revan

The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 4

Next Phase Begins: Saturday, 10:00 a.m. EST

Nikatina surprised everyone by revealing that he and Cloud9 had confronted the Doctor, abroad at night without what they felt was sufficient justification, and nosing around Cloud9's tent.  The Doctor maintained that he had just meant to offer a friendly drink to his vaporous friend, but things turned sour after the nebulous archaeologist implied that the flask might be poisoned... as they argued back and forth, the other archaeologists slowly backed away from them.

Eager to avoid taking sides, two groups decided to venture out from the encampment.  Wolfy led one group along the road to the west, hoping to make use of the communications tower.  Cloud9 went along, followed by Xel.  Meanwhile, Kulimar attempted to build a ladder from sticks, twine, and odds and ends that the archaeologists had brought with them.  It looked a bit rickety... but it was the best he could do with the materials at hand.  He and Shinigami headed in the direction of the lake.

Night 4:[hr]

Two pairs of eyes scanned the center of the encampment from the shadowy outskirts.

"Do you think he's there?" whispered a voice from the darkness.

"I don't know," came the reply.  "I haven't seen him all day!"

"Wait, look there!" said the first voice.  "Someone's coming!"

In the distance, a figure appeared, silhouetted against the rising mist, and stopped at a tent.  Lifting the flap, the figure went inside.

"There he is!" said the first voice.  "Let's make our move!"

"Wait," replied the second.  "That's not him!"

The figure emerged from the tent again, looking confused, or worried—and walked off into the night.

Day 4:[hr]

It wasn't that unusual for some of the archaeologists to break their fast later than others, but more than one noticed that the camp seemed quieter than usual the next morning.

Notes:[hr]

Some members of the expedition are away from camp.  If you went anywhere yesterday, please wait until I let you know whether you made it back to camp before posting.  If you didn't go anywhere, feel free to post at any time.

• Helena Revan changed the title to The Sith Game XXIX: Phase 4

IS ANYBODY HERE BESIDES OF ME?

So many tents empty today, I hope they'll return safely. Should we stay here to keep the camp safe or is anybody up for some adventure?

• Haha 1

Alright mate! I'm still here too!

I'm up for an adventure... Just unsure where. The tower really has barely anything too it and I don't trust the volcano at the moment after the activity it's shown since we arrived here.

I might see if I can go exploring in the opposite direction of the lake, not sure anybody has really been there yet.
I'll gather some food just incase and head over there if it's possible.

Edit: I know I never spoke on the events that happened yesterday with Nik, Cloud and Doctor. I don't have much to say apart from that to me, it just appears like a friendly drink but I know little on it myself. I'll be wary of all of them for now but Doctor's explanation on the events were pretty clear to me and I'm not sure what else he could have said. I've known him for a bit and the Doctor I know wouldn't have meant any harm by going to visit Cloud.

[OOC] Just to mention from yesterday... I saw people saying that Doctor over explained things without explaining things and that's why he could be lying? That's actually just how Doctor types and talks. He'll go on tangents but that isn't his character, that's him irl lmao.

Edit: Also just looked back at the point about him not expressing feeling like you'd expect. That's also just Doctor, not a character lmao. [/OOC]

Alrighty Rose, I'd like to come with you, we can never know if there are dangerous inhabitants who are hungry. So I'd say, you take the food and I take some knife, ropes etc. so we could defend ourselves or use the ropes to stay safe on where we are going.