Leaving for a while

Nooby

Hello, I just wanted to inform you that, beginning the 1st of March, until the 31st, I'll be staying at a military boarding school, as part of the brazillian obligatory military service. I won't be able to use any electronic devices or communicate with anyone outside it, so you won't see me for a while.

I think that's pretty much it.

Edit: Just forgot to mention: there MIGHT be one day off, but it's not confirmed.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
  • Love 3
Helena Revan

Take care, Noob!  We'll miss you, but do your duty and come back to us a stronger, wiser Noob!  We're all proud of you!

Helena  :ewok:

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Nooby said:

Hello, I just wanted to inform you that, beginning the 1st of March, until the 31st, I'll be staying at a military boarding school, as part of the brazillian obligatory military service. I won't be able to use any electronic devices or communicate with anyone outside it, so you won't see me for a while.

I think that's pretty much it.

Edit: Just forgot to mention: there MIGHT be one day off, but it's not confirmed.

I got no idea how Brazilian military works or what youl have to do, what I will say tho is..... Good luck! I'm assuming you will be subject to a military style of life, just know it can be a drastic change, so research and preparing yourself mentally will help you in the long run. Also seeking out people who have done the experience them selves and listening to what advice they may have to offer. I am sure you have done most of this already, but the way I got through military was sorta treating it like a game of chess. There are clear rules you have to follow, but if you know the rules then seeing what next move you need to make becomes easier in the long run. But again I legit do not know enough about your circumstance or what you done in the past. Just hoping something im saying might make things a bit easier for ya. its all more mental than anything...so its tricky.

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, SephFF said:

I got no idea how Brazilian military works or what youl have to do, what I will say tho is..... Good luck! I'm assuming you will be subject to a military style of life, just know it can be a drastic change, so research and preparing yourself mentally will help you in the long run. Also seeking out people who have done the experience them selves and listening to what advice they may have to offer. I am sure you have done most of this already, but the way I got through military was sorta treating it like a game of chess. There are clear rules you have to follow, but if you know the rules then seeing what next move you need to make becomes easier in the long run. But again I legit do not know enough about your circumstance or what you done in the past. Just hoping something im saying might make things a bit easier for ya. its all more mental than anything...so its tricky.

Thanks for the advice. As you said, I've done most of it, but it's always good to hear some advice from people in the who've been there (even if it's probably quite different). People around me who have past through it say the training is kinda like a theater play, and that's how I'll have to pass through it. I can see what you mean with the chess game, because today I've been in the actual place to get some initial instructions. Anyways, don't wanna make this text too long, thank you man!

• Love 2