JAWA League Results, 30 May 2021!

Helena Revan

League.png

The (JAWA) League for May, 2021 was held yesterday afternoon on the (JAWA) Server.  Eleven members participated in the Duel Tournament, a new champion was crowned, two members claimed three wins apiece, there was a come-from-behind victory in the TFFA, and two events featured first-time winners!  Congratulations to all of this month's winners, and thanks to Crysophylax, RoseTyler, and Wolfy for helping to host this month's (JAWA) League!

Events and Winners:

Green = first time winner!

The Duel Tournament:

Qualifying Round Results:

Cassidy defeated Cronus

Starty defeated Phobo

Arceus defeated Ken Solo

Redshadow defeated Salvation

Round 1 Results:

Helena Revan defeated Cassidy

Starty defeated Wolfy

Fransuave defeated Arceus

Redshadow advanced to the semifinals due to lack of an opponent in Round 1.

Semifinal Round Results:

Starty defeated Helena Revan

Redshadow defeated Fransuave

Final Match:

Starty defeated Redshadow to win this month's Duel Tournament!

The (JAWA) Championship:

As Jazzy was unavailable to defend his title, the championship passed to Starty, as winner of the Duel Tournament!

FFA Events:

Singles Heaven: Helena Revan

Dual Heaven: Cassidy

Staff Heaven: Phobo

Melee Heaven: Redshadow

Freestyle Lightsaber Event: Redshadow

The Tag-Team Tournament:

Qualifying Match:

Starty & Wolfy defeated Helena Revan & Fransuave

First Round:

Starty & Wolfy defeated Cronus & Ken Solo

Phobo & Cassidy defeated Arceus & Salvation

Final Match:

Starty & Wolfy defeated Phobo & Cassidy to win the Tag-Team Tournament!

(JAWA) Darts:

Ten competitors took their turns on Board 1, using the throwing platform that bobs up and down above the board.  With the triple-200 in plain sight, the participants took aim at the triples ring, scoring several high triples, but nobody managed to pull in the coveted 600-point space twice.  Helena Revan finished in first place, with 1,250 points, while Arceus came in second at 1,150, and Fransuave third at 1,110.

Watch Out for that Sniper!

Nine snipers took aim at their teammates this month, and despite the small field scores were kept low, with just two of the competitors reaching double digits!  Leading off, Helena Revan lasted 14 seconds to grab the early lead.  That held up against a close run by Fransuave, who finished with 11, and Salvation, who scored 9 immediately after.

Merc War:

With many of the most experienced mercs away, it was anybody's game in the Merc War.  Wolfy ensconced himself in building 2, mining the entrance and taking out an unwary opponent.  When the field narrowed to Cassidy, Fransuave, and Wolfy, Wolfy went on the hunt, but fell afoul of a bubbling pit of lava, cutting the contest to two!  Cassidy and Fransuave fought a long-running battle back and forth, with the result far from assured, but in the end Cassidy barely outlasted his foe and emerged as this month's Merc War champion!

Team Free-for-All:

The Blue Team: Fransuave (C), Cronus, Ken Solo, & Niko

The Red Team: Cassidy (C), Salvation, & Helena Revan

The blue team took the lead early on, and held off all attempts by the red team to pull even until late in the round, when red surged into the lead with a final effort, and held on to win by five, 50–45!

Screenshot:

League 30 May 2021.jpg

The event pages, leader board, and everybody's WikiJawa profiles have been updated!  Congratulations to:

@Cassidy and @Phobo, who earned their first wins in Staff Heaven and the Merc War, respectively!

@OMG its St@rTy!!!, the new (JAWA) Champion, whose three wins move him up five ranks on the leader board to a tie for twenty-first place all-time with twenty-six League crowns!

• Wow 1
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, Cronus said:

It was a lot of fun this month. I personally didn't do well at all. There is always next month though. Thank you for hosting Helena. 

Of course you did well 🤗 w00t w00t!

• Love 1

wish i could've made it, but iwas at a bbq, kinda, and also celebrating 2 years with my gf.. so yea.. otherwise i would've been there for the fun :)

anyhoo, congrats to the winners, good luck next time for the runner ups  and.. ehm... next month :)

On 6/1/2021 at 11:43 PM, Dragon said:

wish i could've made it, but iwas at a bbq, kinda, and also celebrating 2 years with my gf.. so yea.. otherwise i would've been there for the fun :)

anyhoo, congrats to the winners, good luck next time for the runner ups  and.. ehm... next month :)

next month, bring the bbq to us 😉