LEAGUE JAWA League Results, 2 January 2022!

Helena Revan

Helena Revan
League.png

The (JAWA) League for December, 2021 was held this afternoon on the (JAWA) Server.  Fifteen members participated in the Duel Tournament, a new Champion was crowned, Misery won four events, and seven events featured first-time winners!  Congratulations to all of this month's winners, and thanks to Crysophylax, LoneStar, and Wolfy for helping to host this month's (JAWA) League!

Events and Winners:

Green = first time winner!

The Duel Tournament:

Round 1 Results:

Anoek defeated Misery

Crysophylax defeated Darman

Picco defeated IronSkull86

Protégé defeated Wolfy

Kangy defeated Dragon

Zeus121 defeated Cassidy

SephFF defeated Ken Solo

Helena Revan received a first-round bye.

Round 2 Results:

Crysophylax defeated Anoek

Picco defeated Protégé

Kangy defeated Zeus

SephFF defeated Helena

Semifinal Round Results:

Picco defeated Crysophylax

SephFF defeated Kangy

Final Match:

SephFF defeated Picco with 25 hit points remaining, to win this month's Duel Tournament!

The (JAWA) Championship:

As Sami was unavailable to defend her title, SephFF claimed the vacant (JAWA) Championship, and with it became the sixteenth Grand Slam Champion!

FFA Events:

Singles Heaven: Wolfy

Dual Heaven: Kangy

Staff Heaven: Cassidy

Melee Heaven: Cassidy

Freestyle Lightsaber Event: Dragon

Snowball Heaven: Dragon

The Tag-Team Tournament:

First Round:

Fransuave & Anoek defeated Darth Lekku & Picco

SephFF & Stumpy defeated Wolfy, fighting without a partner

Cassidy & Misery defeated Dragon & Kangy

Helena Revan & Darman received a first-round bye.

Second Round:

SephFF & Stumpy defeated Fransuave & Anoek

Cassidy & Misery defeated Helena & Darman

Final Match:

Cassidy & Misery defeated SephFF & Stumpy to win the Tag-Team Tournament!

(JAWA) Darts:

Fourteen competitors took a turn on Board 3, featuring the throwing platform that rotates around the board.  Scores were low, and there were only three bullseyes during the event, but in the end the title went to Misery, who managed 800 points without the aid of a bullseye in her first League, just edging out Anoek, who threw for 790.  Dragon came in third place at 670.

Watch Out for that Sniper!

Thirteen snipers took aim during this month's event, and only three of them reached double digits during their turn on the landing pad.  Misery took to the event like an old pro, lasting twenty seconds with a twisty, zig-zag run, although Kangy made a late run for the title, lasting fifteen seconds at the end of the event.  Cassidy was the only other participant to reach ten seconds.

Merc War:

This month's Merc War was held at the North Pole, and once again Misery showed off her skills, taking out nearly all of her competitors single-handedly to claim her fourth crown of her inaugural League!

Snowball War:

A bonus merc round featuring only snowballs on Bespin Christmas easily went to Merc champion Misery, who far outpaced the competition to win hands-down!

Screenshots:

Spoiler

League 2 January 2022-1.jpg

League 2 January 2022-2.jpg

Team Free-for-All:

The Blue Team: Stumpy (C), Misery, Darman, & Wolfy

The Red Team: SephFF (C), Picco, Helena Revan, & Dragon

The red team put up a stiff fight, but blue would not be denied, claiming the lead early and widening the distance between them and their opponents to win 80–69.

Screenshot:

League 2 January 2022-3.jpg

All of the Event Pages, the Leader Board, and everyone's WikiJawa profiles have been updated!  Congratulations to:

@Misery, who claimed her first four League wins (not including the Snowball War) at this month's tournament!

@Cassidy, whose wins in Staff Heaven, Melee Heaven, and the Tag-Team Tournament vault him into a tie for twenty-seventh place all-time with twenty crowns!

@Dragon, whose title in the Freestyle Lightsaber Event give him forty-three crowns, and sole possession of eleventh place all-time!

@Wolfy, whose win in Singles Heaven moves him into a tie for fifth place all-time with sixty-two crowns to his name!

@SephFF, who enters a tie for sixteenth place all-time with his thirty-second and thirty-third win, and who also became the sixteenth Grand Slam champion with his Duel Tournament victory and the (JAWA) Championship!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the snowy league! 🥶

Although i had to face the cold hard fact that I was knocked out cold more often than not, it was a really cool time!

It was nice how a lot of us didn't give the cold shoulder, and came to chill during the league.

And the maps? They were love at frost sight, as always.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, Cassidy said:

Thanks for the snowy league! 🥶

Although i had to face the cold hard fact that I was knocked out cold more often than not, it was a really cool time!

It was nice how a lot of us didn't give the cold shoulder, and came to chill during the league.

And the maps? They were love at frost sight, as always.

C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! 🤣

cool story cass XD

was great fun, i think i ended in top 5 at all the heaven events, except for melee

3rd at darts isn't too bad either i guess

unfortunatly missed all of the merc war, north pole just doesn't load for me.. oh well

so yea, great fun all around. i'll try and de-rust myself a bit to give people a serious run for their money 

• 2 weeks later...